Saturday, June 12, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Butterfinger Birthday

My friend Chris, partner to bacon-loving Andy, mentioned in a previous post, is a big fan of Butterfingers and the classic chocolate & peanut butter combination.  I was more than happy to oblige for his birthday last month.  I baked a chocolate layer cake.  Between the two layers I spread chocolate truffle frosting and sprinked a few bars of cruhed Butterfingers.  Along the top and sides, I smoothed on a thick layer of peanut butter buttercream.  Then, I piped on a border with more truffle frosting and covered the top with even more crushed Butterfinger candy bars.  


Here's a shot of their beautiful son helping blow out the candles.  Apologies for the blurriness, but the lights were off as we sang Happy Birthday.



Heres' the inside of one of the most decadent cakes I've ever made.  I couldn't get a picture to come out well with the chocolate on chocolate innards, but here's the best shot:


1 comment:

  1. That cake rocked my b-day! we took the rest on a weekend trip with cousins who devoured the rest. My Dad asked that you never make that again because its one of the few desserts he can't say no to!!

    ReplyDelete