Saturday, June 12, 2010

I Love Bread!

I love bread.  Good bread is heaven.  I am so not cut out for those carb-free diets.  Despite my oft-professed love for bread, I have only once, and only very recently, baked a loaf.  Okay, that's not entirely true.  I had a bread maker that I used once or twice.  But I didn't like that bread.  I found it mealy and not at all worth the effort, time and clean up.

The "almost no-knead" bread below was hand kneaded only a few times, with a mixing assist from my beloved KitchenAid stand mixer and its trusty dough hook, and baked in a lidded dutch oven.  The result was stunningly delicious.  I got the recipe here, but it's all over the web if you want to give it a try.  I'm making another loaf tonight! 

I also love scones.  They count as bread, right, a kind of a cake/bread hybrid?  Below you'll find a batch of cranberry pecan scones and some lemon scones with lemonade frosting.  On the bottom, there's my favorite, a cheddar jalapeño scone. 




No comments:

Post a Comment