Sunday, July 11, 2010

Happy Birthday to My Girls!

Heather & Erin are the kind of people you really want to be around, the kind of friends who, no matter how long it's been since you saw them last, you just fit together again seamlessly, as though no time at all had passed between you.  Isn't that the best kind of friends?  They're smart and funny and loyal, they're motivated and passionate and kind, and when it's been more than a couple months between visits, I get cranky and feel an actual physical need to spend some time with them.  This weekend was our long overdue chance to reconnect. 

We celebrated their birthdays at a great outdoor beer garden.  We caught up, we laughed, we talked about love, law, politics, reality TV, food, you know, the usual.  And we had cake.  Of course we had cake! 

Heather is a red velvet with cream cheese frosting junkie, so that's what she got.  I whipped up some chocolate with chocolate buttercream for Erin because she should have a special cake too.  Two birthdays, two types of cake.  Both cakes were a huge hit, but the red velvet was responsible for the marriage proposals flying around everywhere.  Red velvet will do that to you.





  Jay & Heather      



Erin & Corrine

From left, that's Erin, Paula, Heather & yours truly, so happy together!

4 comments:

  1. As one of the marriage proposers, I can vouch for the fact that the red velvet cupcakes were Fabulous!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, first for being a wonderful, amazing friend and driving all the way to nyc for our b-days! And second for making the most amazing cupcakes that I can't wait to defrost in a couple weeks and eat so I can feel a little closer to you... except that last red velvet. That I'm eating right now. :) kisses and hugs and love, oh my! E

    ReplyDelete
  3. All this CUNY love makes me kind of teary-eyed, and not just 'cuz I'm lusting after the baked goods. Ya'll are awesome. p.s. My birthday is in November (hint, hint).

    ReplyDelete