Thursday, August 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Dorothy: Part I

Dorothy's the best.  She's awesome.  So for her birthday, I brought my A-game.  Rich, double chocolate cake with caramel swiss meringue buttercream sprinkled with pecans and drizzled with homemade caramel. 




Below, on the right is a shot of that homemade caramel sauce.  It's pure magic that happens when plain old white sugar and water get all hot and bothered.  When you add some cream, whoa!  It's on!

BUT! 

There's a but.  A big one.  But, Sunday night, I fell down my stairs.  Just missed a step and flew down the rest of them.  I was laid up for a couple of days so I was not able to bring Dorothy her cupcakes!  She never even got to taste her wonderfully rich cake or let the sinfully silky frosting just melt on her tongue!  Boo! 

Bonus Pics: 

Here's my jacked up wrist: 


I don't think it's broken, but the jury's still out.  Nah, I'm just waiting for the results.  It still works though. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh SNAPPP! kels hope ur ok now. holla w/ ur status yo. La la

    ReplyDelete