Thursday, August 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Dorothy: Part II

Since Dorothy never got to enjoy her last round of birthday cake, I tried again.  This time, I went out on a limb and tried a new recipe.  I mean, it's from Martha Stewart's Cupcakes, so how bad could it be, right? 

Here are Martha's Brown Sugar Pound Cupcakes.  Instead of the boring glaze Martha recommends for these lovely cakes, I topped them with her brown sugar cream cheese frosting.  Mmmmmmm!  This frosting is so soft and smooth, it's like a rich sauce for your cake.  And your life.  To up the ante a bit more, I sprinkled chopped pecans on half of the cakes and drizzled just a bit of caramel over them.



Here she is, the birthday girl!  Isn't she sweet?  Of course she is!  She loved her birthday cake! Of course she did!  It was so good! 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment